History of the 313th Bomb Wing
6th Bomb Group
6th Bombardment Group site is dedicated to William Santavicca, a member
of the 6th Bomb Group, 39th Bomb Squadron, 313th Bomb Wing, located
on Tinian in 1945. Bill was the first B-29 veteran to trust me with
his photographs and his stories when I first started the site way back
in 1995 and has given me most of the information for these 6th Bomb
Group pages. I would also like to give a special thanks to Joseph Majeski,
also of the 6th Bomb Group, 40th Squadron, 313th Bombardment Wing, for
loaning me some valuable books from which I have taken photographs and
- Pirates Cove - Bill Santavicca's homage to the 6th Bomb Group
- Majeski's Memoirs - Joseph Majeski's stories of the 313th
- Andre Jacques, Gunner - Member of the 40th BS of 6th BG
- Carroll F. "Mark" Markowski - a Hell Bird Remembers
- One Page History
- 6th Bomb Group Personnel
- Killed in Action
- Individual Awards
- Distinguished Unit Citations
- Chronology - Missions 1 Feb 45 thru 15 Aug 45
- Coincidences I cannot Believe It! by Sam Parks
- Air Force IQ Test
- B-29 Reaches Iwo minus Part of It's Crew - In memory of JK Anderson
- Sgt. Harold Peterson, 40th Bomb Squad on Tinian
9th Bomb Group (See new 9th Bomb Group Web Site)
55 years, WWII veteran gets his medals - Bill Feldmann
- War Journal 9th Bombardment Group- by Jim Meeks
- The 92nd Island Express - A newsletter from Tinian Island from
March 23, 1945,
- Henry C. Huglin, Brigadier General - In Memory Of General Huglin
C. Huglin, Brigadier General, U.S. Air Force, retired, died 12/10/05
after a short illness. He was age 90.
He was born in Fairfield, Iowa, the son of attorney John A. Huglin and
Clara Lenore Porter Huglin. He attended the public schools in Fairfield
and then the University of Iowa for one year.....
- It's A Small World - by Earl L. Johnson, Maj. Gen , USAF (Retired)
story of an unbelieveable chance meeting of 2 pilots over Parece Vela in 1945 and Florida in 1957
- 504th Bomb Group (coming)
505th Bomb Group (More coming)
- 505th Bomb Group History
- Seabees on Tinian - a detailed history of the Seabees units on Tinian written by Tom Morris , whose father was a Radio Operator on Big Mike of the 505th Bomb Group, 484th Squadron.
- Byars Bombers - Memories of my B-29
Experiences over Japan July 28-29, 1945 - Fred Byars
- Ford Speaks Out - A brief and humble history of Ford's service
- 505th Bomb Group Report by Becky MacIntyre.
Part 1 These are all PDF's and are cut into 3 sections to make downloading easier.
Many thanks to Becky MacIntyre for writing this in 1984 and transcribed by Jody Smith in 2012
- Lloyd Lewis Letter
- North Field Revisited by William O'Heran
- Nose art of the 505th - sent in by Tom Morris, whose Dad, William K. Morris, was the radar operator on Big Mike. Thanks, Tom !
William Morris' photos from Pinecastle, Florida where he went to gunnery school in September of 1943. Photos provided by his son Tom Morris.